Tuesday 16 October 2007

Carbon Copycats

Now, I'm all in favour of saving the environment, and try not to be too much of a waster myself. In addition to that, I never drive a car into London, so the congestion charge is of little concern to me.

But what is of concern, is the insane decisions made in my name by people I didn't elect. At the moment, everyone is jumping on the Carbon Dioxide Bandwagon (C). And that means that the Congestion Charge (remember: "Congestion" this is the important word) is now being based on CO2 emmsisions! Well excuse me, but I thought this was a congestion charge, not a CO2 charge? Perhaps if they changed the name it waould be easier to swallow, but I really cannot get this bitter pill out of my throat: My residents PARKING permit is priced by CO2 emmissions too. Just think about that for a sec. The price of turning off your car and leaving it at the side of the road is based on what it costs to drive it per kilometer!

I can't think of anything more crazy if I tried, and yet the local council has gone and implemented this without having to run it past anyone. I thought my grandfather died fighting against people like this....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would appear that someone has put their "Carbon Foot" in the preverbrial "IT" somewere along the highway toward their carbon neutral Nirvana.